Saturday, November 17, 2007

Introductions



Hi, my name is Larry Longard. I am a Library Science student at the College of St. Catherine and soon will be an intern at the Minneapolis Public Library in the Early Childhood Programming department. I am also a new father. Maya is my eight-month-old daughter. I've decided to try a New Year's resolution for the year of 2008. My goal is to read a picture book, fiction or nonfiction, each day (preferably to Maya) and write about it in this blog. In Cover to Cover, Horning says that professional reviews should not include personal anecdotes. Therefore, these will not be professional reviews. Who needs such a harsh restriction? I hope you find something interesting; please post responses and suggestions. I love talking about books.

4 comments:

Benson Family said...

Hello and welcome! oh this is going to be fun and I am so excited to be a part of this! Love, nic

Dad said...

Larry,
Favorite picture books - anything by Mo Willems. The Best Pet by David LaRochelle. Anything by Jules Fieffer. Robert Munsch. Eric Kimmel's folk tales. David Wiesner.
That'll get you started.
Rob

Jen said...

Great idea, Larry! Will look forward to the reviews and personal anecdotes. Love the pic of Maya's hand on the mouse :)

Anonymous said...

Larry, I have had fun reading Sandra Boyton's books with my Grandchildren. Good for laughs together. Doggies and Belly Button Book ~fun with the word sounds.