Monday, January 7, 2008

Pirate Pete's Talk Like a Pirate


I made it five days without forgetting to post. I remembered at about 11:30 while I was settling Maya back to sleep. In times past I would have gotten up to fulfill my resolution, but those days are done. So in penance I will do a SPECIAL DOUBLE POST.

Our theme is pirates. Nicole offered two pirate books, so I'm guessing this is a hot topic in her house. The first is Pirate Pete's Talk Like a Pirate, by Kim Kennedy. Pete needs some rascals for his crew, and the new recruits do everything well except that they just don't know how to talk. Pete has a penchant for rhyming and uses words and phrases that kids won't understand, but if you can read them like a pirate would, who cares?

This is a fun book, perfect for International Talk Like a Pirate Day. It isn't until September 19, but this year we'll be prepared. Here's a link to the official website: http://www.talklikeapirate.com/.

No comments: