Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Daddy Hugs


Hey, another daddy book. I know, there are a lot of them out there, but I can't help but get excited. And Daddy Hugs, by Karen Katz, is really touching. It's helped me to pause and think about all the little moments that Maya and I have throughout the day. It's easy to just plod through the day, trying to get this and that done between naps, feedings, and diaper changes. Every so often I need a reminder to slow down and take the time to interact with Maya during even the mundane activities (well, maybe not naps).

Daddy Hugs is a counting book, from one to ten. "One 'I'm so glad you're my baby!' hug", "Two teeny, tiny finger hugs" and so on. The best part comes when I get to say, "I love you!" ten times.

And the book ends with a good night hug, making this a great bedtime book. Maya and I used to read after her bottles. But now that she's moving on to solid foods, bedtime is becoming our reading time. So a good night book is a welcome addition to our repertoire.

And moms, don't be jealous. There is also a Mommy Hugs.

No comments: