Friday, May 9, 2008

Wave Goodbye


Rob Reid is a teacher and a children's performer. He create hilarious programs for kids, uses a ton of music, and he can even hold his own at a poetry slam. You may remember seeing his name in the comments way back in December. Rob holds a special place in my heart, as he was my mentor when I first started working in a children's library.


I came across one of Rob's picture books, Wave Goodbye, illustrated by Lorraine Williams, in the library the other day and brought it home. I recommend this one for when you want to add a little movement to your book reading time. I think I recall having Rob perform this as a rhyme.


Wave Goodbye presents all of the things you have on your body that can be waved. "Wave your elbows, wave your toes. Wave your tongue, and wave your nose." You even get to wave your derriere.


Read it standing up, or better yet, memorize it and make up a tune for a raucous song.


I don't know how readily available this book is outside the midwest. You can also go to Rob's website to find the words:




No comments: