Thursday, June 26, 2008

If You're Happy and You Know it: Jungle Edition


Another version of If You're Happy and You Know It, this time by James Warhola, depicting animals showing their happiness in their own way has come along.

For me this one has it's ups and downs. First the ups. I like the variety of animals included, such as the monkey, elephant, and snake. And I really like that all the animals participate on each page. My favorite page is when the children's parents are calling them to go home. All of the animals are in suspended animation, acting silly and with "Uh oh" looks on their faces.

The down side is that there is just one line on each page, then the full stanzas are written on one spread in the back. This isn't really a problem. I just sing the book through anyway. And I try to strategically skip over that one page at the end.

So if this is your kids' favorite song, and there's a good chance it is, here you go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We just happened across this book at our local library quite by accident. My son, 15 months at the time, loved it...and now, three months later, still loves it. We borrowed it from the local library near our vacation home and have just kept renewing it - I think I'll have to buy a copy! He has loved books since he was 12 months, and will sit 20-30 minutes at a time to be read to. My older children weren't like this at that age. But he definatly has his favorites - and one of the things he loves about this book is that if you look at each animal in the playground that will be on the next page you can see tht it is 'moving' or coming to life for the next page...and that we laugh at "mom" who is still reading her book page after page.

Great Book!